Thursday 23 April 2015

Gathering stock


If you are someone already engaged with my Facebook (thank you!), you will know I spend quite a lot of time working on stock for Q-con. This week was no exception!

The idea was to vectorise groups of art I had done (Tokyo Mew Mew, Sailor Moon, Pretty Cure, Pokemon) and turn them into a more solid style of keychain compared to the labour-intensive and less durable laminated charms.




Thus began the adventure of photoshop and inkscape.. and about easily 100 hours work in total and a few blisters on my hand to get outline that were then to be vectored and prepared for laser cutting.
I do the laser cutting myself in a place called Fablab, they cutters they have are limited to this, there is no cut/print hence why my charms ain't as fancy as some.

Currently I've 72 stock, but feeling the charms look a bit bare, so I've a few experiments to run tonight. If you have any ideas please leave me feedback here.

On that note, I guess I'll blog at you next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment