Monday 25 April 2016

SPOONIELIFE: One week progress, day by day

Remember this post?

This is a follow up, as promised. I will outline day by day, at the end of each day to show you guys how this is working for me. Depending on how this goes, I may keep this up as a monthly blog with a week-by-week on progress.

Join me under the jump-cut for a day by day.


Day 1

Monday April 4th


Memrise

Decided to change my goals based on the length of the courses, so the ones with more learning are at the full 30 new things a day, smaller ones go down to 15 new things a day.
I did the reviews during the day and then did the new things once I was in bed, that way sleeping after would commit it to memory better.
Getting some complicated grammar... but going okay so far!

Neuronation

I'm doing each of the training exercises that is available on the free level and did it at night, but maybe thinking noon would be a better time. Slight improvement from yesterday, brain fog isn't too bad. 

Water Drink Reminder

Managed to get 1800/2079ml
Considering a glass of water was a push before, I'm pretty pleased.
A cute water alarm will go off, meaning it's roughly a 200ml glass every hour and it'll let you know if you're starting to enter not being hydrated enough. Feeling a difference, mainly that I'm peeing maybe twice an hour. Hopefully some of that will be toxins!

Yoga Guru

Did my little session before bedtime and I felt a lot more opened up and content. Considering doing this morning and night since it's a teeny weeny session and it gave me a nice mental boost.


Also, seems the water is making my face really squidgy and a lot more rounded looking....
Curious to see if all this can make any effect on my spots, hair and lip-picking.


Day 2

Tuesday April 5th

Memrise

While fun on the first day and when I wasn't reporting back on it, I think I was pushing myself a bit given I was aiming on doing 4 courses a night. So to maintain a comfortable level of challenge I've lowered all of the courses to 15 words per day. Met my target okay!

Neuronation

Achieved personal highscores on Trail Tracker, Rotator, Chain Reaction and colourchase. Was amazed to see my colour chase score double! Actually impressed my mental maths has somehow gone up considering my dyslexia.

Water Drink Reminder

Today's goal comfortably met!
Can I just say this has been incredible on my digestive system.. there's a marked difference and I think it's reducing irritation of my bowels. Bought a can of coke but couldn't get more than half way as it was a bit too sickening. Also day 2 totally caffeine free!

Yoga Guru

Did my little session around noon as I was feeling low in energy and it gave me a wee boost.
I got apprehension about doing the yoga before bed, but it actually makes me feel loosened up and more like I'll be able to sleep. Really need to invest in a yoga mat though... carpets are not nice to outstretched palms!


Overall I felt a lot less grumpy today, had less tension in my head, less clicking of my joints too. Peeing seems to have regulated itself and there was a lot more ease to the day. Though I'm still fighting fatigue and some stuff happened today that took the zip out of my step.

Noticing a huge-ass breakout. Not sure if this is hormone related, (I have no clue what my cycle is as I don't PMS or menstruate), or if it's toxins flushing out. I guess time will tell? I can't help but feel the amount of water is making my face fill out like a beach ball, a now, very smooth beach ball. (think I'll take pics in the mornings/noon).


Day 3

Wednesday April 6th


Had bad pain from adhesions and cramps after 7pm so had to put off some things for the greater good. No point pushing myself and being out of commission for a few days. So early sleep and much rest was called for.

Memrise

Only managed to do a little session today.

Neuronation

Didn't do any of the exercises  today :/


Water Drink Reminder

Goal Achieved!
A bit slower on the water uptake today, mainly due to going out for groceries with a friend. Soon caught up again around dinner time. Seems my bladder is getting used to this. No toilet problems, pleasantly surprised. 



Today I slept in a bit later than I'd have wanted, but man, waking up and getting up was so super easy and there was no associated grumpiness!! I'm feeling a lot less tension in my head and strain behind my eyes and there's been a lot less joint-popping. Majority of my spots seem to have kindly gone away overnight. (hard to see difference thanks to night-time shots vs daytime, oops).

I'm amazed at how much more energy and patience I have. I feel like I'm starting to enjoy life more than I am ticking boxes and dragging myself to the next day. Though it is tiring to put in this much extra effort, I feel my sleep is more restful and I hope that once this stuff is second nature, that I will have shed my cocoon of frustration and metamorphosed into a Spooniefly!


Day 4

Thursday April 7th

First thing in the morning, hard to wake up (could be due to late-night surprise mummy duties), but managed to get into it quick enough grump-free. Though lord almighty.. my bowels feel like they're going to explode!

Had extreme agony today in my right hip followed by a bit of bleeding. Unsure if this is because of hormones or if a chocolate cyst is draining. So put everything on hold in the name of recovery. Unsure how I feel due to the confusion brought on by sudden pain resurgence.


Conclusion?

Overall I feel much less stressed, much less grumpy. When I've a 1-3 of pain I feel like I have energy to talk, to walk, to do things. Yoga is a great way to ameliorate the pain and help stop those nasty adhesions from being too rigid and tugging internally.

I'm disappointed I couldn't do a full 7 days to show you guys progress but I think that in itself is a lesson; it's good to have things to aim at, but to make sure you don't loose the point of the confidence-building side of it and beat yourself up.

As any spoonie will know there's a lot of things your body will do that you don't like.
Maybe that's an opportunity to find the things we do like.

The hardest part is always accepting an incurable disease.
But there is a huge difference between accepting and giving up.
My condition doesn't give me excuses to fail, it gives me opportunities to thrive.
I'm living life in hard mode.

I will try to continue the daily tasks to see how I improve, this will turn into a monthly post for sure. I'll document how my life is being effected by these small changes, and be sure to let me know how you're getting on if you're doing the same thing!


Soon after finishing this post I ended up in A&E from the pain.

Body isn't behaving very well at all. Spent a fair bit of time in A&E last night, good news is the pain wasn't a ticking appendix-bomb.
Posted by Free to Be Me Art on Sunday, 10 April 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment