Monday 2 May 2016

HAUL POST: CutesyKink

DISCLAIMER
The following is a report on the experiences and feelings I had ordering from this company.
This in no way means I'm saying everyone will have the same experience.
I am simply providing an honest review to help people make informed decisions on where to buy their clothes online


No doubt you've heard of this brand on Facebook. If you're into anything cute or have any friends into Japanese fashion you more than likely have and like myself, probably spent more time than you'd care to admit window shopping endlessly through the many cute categories.


The online shopping experience is great. Things are fun, colourful, sorted well and often has suggestions of what clothes would go well with what you are viewing- always nice incase you've overlooked something. The only worry is the extreme lack of reviews on products. How can an online store be this popular with next to no reviews on products?

Just seeing this made me start to feel uneasy about buying here.




It was my birthday and a very very lovely friend gave me a gift voucher for here, as he knew I was a bit frustrated with the same ol jeans and tshirts, but also knew if given the money to spend, I would have spent it on things for the family. So I made my order and waited happily and excitedly.

Here's pictures of what I ordered, then what I received:

The print is really stretched and faded. Material is of a plush but rigid fabric. Despite no mention of hip size, the top was too tight to go over my hips (I'm a size 12), was too tight around my chest and arms. It was nearly impossible to get off..





 Fabric was very see-through and felt like it was 100% nylon. The black under my top is my waist band, which is a maternity one so it comes up to just under the front of my ribs, well over my belly button. Arms are so so soooo short and the detailing of the eyes is off-centre. The turtle neck bit is nearly non existent and when I put it on it felt like something was giving birth to me.








 The image was horribly pixellated, like an image had been stretched too much and let's just say I wasn't about to try these on. Measurement-wise I should have been fine... but just look at the picture. They didn't have much stretch in the waistband at all. No way was I going to try these on.



The material was lovely, though the skirt bunched up a lot more than shown in the picture, it could not have done as a dress, I was thinking about it being a warm jacket, until I saw the stripes.
The stropes are the key point of a Sailor Uniform, they were like some kind of paint and it was partially stuck to itself, and the bits that weren't were torn. This wouldn't have survived even the mildest handwash.


I really really loved this bunny.. I really did. But it was falling apart. The second I took it out of the bag, my friend's car was covered in chunks of fluff and there were bits of stuffing leaking out of the bag. As for the "largish bag area to bunnies bum >_<" it was the size of my hand... and my hand is like 10cms tall, I have famously freakishly small hands. 




Complaint + Getting Refund

This is their refund policy as of 11.04.2016

I was very disappointed that there was nothing to salvage from this order, it was my only birthday present and I was so looking forward to having some cutesy things to wear. I double and triple checked measurements before ordering (been bitten by that before) and was just so so sad at the quality of the goods. It felt like I'd spent £30 at a knock-off shop round the corner.



Saying she never gets complaints
Again, about rarely getting complaints
So I give some feedback about the hoody needing a hip measurement etc to try and prevent her having further issues like this... blah blah

Again... problems "rarely happen"
So the package is on it's way back... with tracking so they can prove it


I want to chalk this down to someone maybe new to business that maybe isn't used to a lot of differing scenarios, maybe someone who's bitten off more than they can chew, maybe someone who's customers don't mind getting lower quality things cause £20 is nothing to them.

The situation was resolved but along the way there were a lot of red flags that had me very worried that the money would have been lost. I am SO glad I screen-shotted everything with the timestamps. When sellers use phrases like "That's strange we've sold hundreds and everyone else was okay" it is usually to put the customer off complaining or to make them feel like they're the one having a problem, not the item.

The screenshots gave me piece of mind that if things went wrong I could get help resolving the issue.
Again, I was super disappointed in the quality and then the stress added on top of that as well as the guilt of a friend wasting money on me made the whole thing a nightmarishly negative experience and has put me off online shopping for clothes for maybe another 10 years




Buyers beware, when shopping online:

Follow these guidelines for any time you make a purchase online, JUST incase.


Summing up your rights as a buyer (other advise too)
Check for other online reviews

Check their refunds policy and screenshot it with the date.

Always make sure you've double checked your measurements and theirs
Screenshot any contacts (with date)

Make sure communication is clear, but not overwhelming/harassing

Keep a copy of all agreements in emails (Facebook is not legally binding)


If you are unhappy with quality, do not doubt yourself

Keep Trading Standards number handy for if communication breaks down

No comments:

Post a Comment