Tuesday 28 April 2015

Patreon Campaign 1


Campaign one has finished!!



This endeavour is
something I really look forward to and it's so much more than funding a hobby. Every month I get to look forward to commissions that can challenge me and truly help me grow as an artist while at the same time helping showcase my work and spread my name as a creator.



This is a piece for a $30 pledge. All I was given was pictures of some cyborgs and "Alien" and told "go nuts". This was the result. Sure I'm awful at mechs... really bad but this is a starting point! The guy was so pleased with this commission that he looks forward to challenging me to draw more mechanical things every month.


This was for a $20 pledge. I'll be drawing this guy every month and I look forward to this being a way to really work with expression and day to day things. So having wee conversations will help me get inspiration (like for this picture).


 Why? I hear you say.
This is a platform that helps artists grow in so so many ways. It gives the funding to help artistic freedom but can also give the gentle push to help you out of your comfort zone. I hope to keep expanding and evolving my work as the months roll on.

No comments:

Post a Comment