Friday 26 June 2015

Review: Time Stranger Kyoko: Leave it to Chocola

This is a spin-off OVA, for details on the manga click here
I'm a huge fan of Arina Tanemura, it all started with Full Moon wo Sagashite and then I went on to Kamizake Kaitou Jeane and made it a goal of mine to read all of her manga. Her style is elegant, cute, detailed, mysterious and her female protagonists are strong-willed but pure and believable. To me she's a shoujo mangaka that can show girls that heroine's don't always need a male to cement what is right for them.

But this... I wish this was the whole series and not a weird side-story.
You can watch the full OVA after the cut.


I'm glad this wasn't a full-chibi ordeal. Don't get me wrong, I love Digi Charat as much as the other people who remember Broccoli and Gamers but I just couldn't handle mindless 3-headheight animations the whole way through something, even if only 9 minutes long.

With this obviously being an animation of a teeny part, spun off from a 3 volume manga which I've yet to read.. I'm a bit lost. There's no setting, no character understanding and it's all a bit confusing. that being said, it's still an adorable little tale.

Chocolat (who is actually a broken android the King rescued from a dumping ground) is wanting to celebrate the anniversary of her and her "lover"'s meeting. Sliiightly out of touch with reality, but she's a faulty model so that's okay. King doesn't show up, as I'd imagine he's away doing Kingly thing like making sure no one invades and that peasants are happy and not getting eaten by dragons? Chocolat runs away.

Sudden magical girl does magic thing. All is well.

Going to read the manga soon and see if I can make sense of this...

My "To Read" pile is getting waaaaaaay too high

No comments:

Post a Comment