Friday 10 July 2015

Review: Marimo no Hana: Saikyou Butouha Shougakusei Densetsu

Info here!
Ribon seems to be the best publication for serialising seriously sweet shoujo! I've stumbled across yet another adorable advertisement for a manga (on a roll with alliteration too!). This OVA is set noticeably apart from the OVAs done for Oha Sutax Ribon that I'd reviewed before!
See after the cut to watch it for yourself!


Most of the shoujo manga short OVAs I've seen are very beautiful with flawless voice acting and appropriate, sweet music to go with it; however, this was somehow very different. The art is very close to the detail and vibrancy of the manga artwork, but the choreography and fluidity of animation in the actions scenes is squee-worthy.


As a protagonist, I feel Marimo is quite relatable to a lot of girls, in that she's tough but likes to keep that to herself or use it if people are stupid enough to hurt her friends. Usually these one-shots leave you feeling confused or like you've missed out on too much background information to actually care; this left me with a different feeling.

I felt there was just enough of an introduction and intrigue while giving a deep insight to the characters outlook. So... well done Ribon, my reading list has expanded again

No comments:

Post a Comment